How Does Parking Lot Asphalt Sealing Work?
Parking lots in New Jersey have to endure endless wear and tear, and they tend to break down quickly if they lack protective coatings. Preventative maintenance is often more effective than repairs at keeping parking lots in good condition, so hiring an asphalt contractor to perform new parking lot sealing services is a smart investment.
Advantages of Asphalt Seal Coating
- Longevity – Asphalt seal coating provides a protective layer over your parking lot, extending the life of the asphalt and limiting the number of repairs.
- Durability – A primary benefit of hiring an asphalt contractorto apply asphalt seal coating to your parking lot is the added durability of the sealant. The sealant makes the asphalt resistant to weather, sun, and chemicals so that extensive cracking and softening is limited.
- Cost Savings – Because asphalt seal coating protects your parking lot so effectively, you won't have to repair asphalt defects as often. This reduction in repairs decreases your maintenance costs.
The Asphalt Seal Coating Process
- The area is blocked, and sprinkler systems are turned off.
- The existing asphalt is cleaned using brushes, brooms, and blowers.
- Chemical spots and oil are covered with primer.
- Cracks are filled in with sealant, and asphalt defects are repaired.
- Asphalt sealant is applied to the existing asphalt, and it dries for at least 12 hours.
- The parking lot is restriped and repainted.
- The asphalt contractorwalks through the parking lot with the client to make sure the asphalt seal coating project has been performed satisfactorily.
If you have installed a new parking lot in New Jersey, reach out to an experienced asphalt contractor like Jersey Asphalt within a year, and request asphalt seal coating. The added longevity and durability combined with the cost savings that the sealant offers will keep your parking lot in good condition for at least three years. Once your parking lot shows signs of damage, schedule another application of asphalt seal coating.